Welcome to Blackfriars Settlement
We need volunteer befrienders to visit older isolated people in North Southwark area.
If you are a friendly sociable person and would like to visit an older person once a week, for an hour or two for a chat and a cup of tea. Or to go out to an activity in the local area please get in touch with Eileen in the Positive Ageing Team
Blackfriars Settlement is a registered charity based in London SE1 for nearly 130 years that aims to create and provide community services and support. Whether you want to learn new skills or to have fun and make friends, we have something to suit you.
All of our work is guided by five aims:
- Supporting the achievement of individual aspirations
- Promoting physical and mental well-being and independence for all
- Promoting learning and development - formal and informal
- Promoting digital inclusion
- Being a focal point in the community
Please browse our website to find out what we can do for you.
Please help us in creating opportunities for the local community. Click below for our donation page
More News ►